History & Foundation
- EGL was established in 1999, following the success story of the parent company Kadmar Shipping Co. founded in 1983 by Admiral Mahmoud Hatem El-Kady.
- The group started with 4 employees, and currently, we have over 400 experts working within KADMAR GROUP.
- Admiral El-Kady is a well-known figure in the maritime industry in Egypt and the Middle East. He is the chairman of the Arab Federation of Chambers of Shipping and the founder of the Alexandria and Egyptian Chambers of Shipping.
- Eng. Medhat El-Kady is the Managing Director. He is a member of the Baltic Exchange, BIMCO, FONASBA, IATA, and FIATA. Presently he is the chairman of the Egyptian Freight Forwarders Association, a board member of the Alexandria Chamber of Shipping, treasurer of the Alexandria Business Association, and a board member of the Land and Maritime Transport Holding Co. which owns 4 container terminals, stevedoring companies, and about 40 companies operating in public freight, passenger and sea transport in Egypt.
- Eng. Medhat is also a member of the Egyptian Ports Planning Team and the National Railway Privatization Planning Team in Egypt and serves as a consultant and leading speaker in the field of maritime and logistics in the region.